First Meeting of Spring!
Welcome back from winter break! We’re excited to start the spring semester with all of our returning and new members on board. If you missed our first general meeting, here are a few important notes to stay active:
- If you would like to become an official PRSSA member: $50 dues should be handed in by the next meeting (February 21) (Cash or check are fine. Checks need to be made out to Eva Huang).
- There will be a Social Media Committee for the PRSSA chapter, in which members will be encouraged to take turns blogging, posting content on our Facebook page, and giving our Twitter handle a voice. A few members have showed interest in this, and if you would like to be a part of the committee or handle a specific aspect, please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Feel free to shout out some ideas!
- We already have a nice lineup of guest speakers with specific topics for each meeting. Want to see something covered in particular? Let us know!
- On March 5th, NYU PRSSA and PRSA-NY will be hosting a Career Forum at the Kimmel Center, where you will get to meet top PR agencies and network with NYC’s professionals. Mark your calendars people!
- THIS FRIDAY Ketchum and The Lagrant Foundation are hosting a Career Development event, where you will have the opportunity to ask both organizations questions, and even land an internship with Ketchum! DEADLINE to apply is this THURSDAY bit.ly/npYphI
- FIT PRSSA is hosting a speed-dating event for all other PRSSA chapters this THURSDAY- check out their facebook page for more info titled “A Match Made on Seventh”.
Remember to connect with us on Twitter, FB and Linkedin! Looking forward to seeing you all at the next meeting.
VP of Communications